This comprehensive course is designed to teach individuals the proper techniques of snorkeling and free diving. The course allows the student plenty of time to master their snorkeling skills.
Students will learn about the following:
- Proper Breath Holding - Snorkeling and Free Diving
- The Aquatic Environment
- Physics & Physiology including equalization techniques
- Snorkel Equipment and Accessories
- Safety and Snorkel Excursion Planning
At the end of the course students will be able to successfully complete the following:
- Prepare and don their snorkel gear
- Perform a buddy check
- Safely conduct exits and entries
- Achieve neutral buoyancy
- Proper breathing and clearing of snorkel
- Proper clearing of mask
- Proper use of snorkel vest
- Surface dives and Finning techniques
- Proper use of hand signals
All Snorkel training sessions are held at Adventure Divers in our own private indoor heated pool. We are located in the west end of Peterborough on Highway 7 (4 km south of Fowlers Corners between Lily Lake Road and Parkhill Road).
All students are required to have their own Mask, Snorkel, and Fins.
Here is what some of our past students had to say:
Thanks again to you and Pepe (and Alex) for your time spent on teaching us how to snorkel and all the great tips and information you gave us to make us feel comfortable so we can enjoy our vacation in Curacao. We truly enjoyed our time in the pool and will be over to buy some defogging gel for our masks before we go. Playing with the camera in the pool was fun and we learned so much from Pepe. Thanks again and we be will be seeing you soon.
Julie and Dale Bedore