DescriptionTake your next step toward a Professional Dive Career and become an Assistant Instructor. Working closely with your instructor, you will continue to expand your dive knowledge and sharpen your skills as you become a dive professional.
Assistant Instructor training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
At the successful completion of the course you will obtain a Assistant Instructor Certification.
LocationAll Academic and Confined Water training are conducted at Adventure Divers. We have our own private indoor heated pool and onsite classroom. We are located in the west end of Peterborough on Hwy 7 (4 km south of Fowlers Corners between Lily Lake Road and Parkhill Road West, 9 km north of Hwy 115)
As an Assistant Instructor you can:
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist Instructors with students
- Lead Certified Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and Certify Skin Divers
- Teach Snorkeling programs
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Divers must be in good physical health
- Medical Examination is required
- Provide a completed medical questionaire signed by your physician (Medical Form)
- First Aid Provider and Oxygen Administration Provider Certification
- Divemaster Certification with minimum 40 hours logged bottom time
- Learn Dive Leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete Water Skills and Stamina Exercises in confined and open water
- Training Exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship at the dive shop or a series of practical training exercises