Take your first step toward a professional dive career and become an SDI Divemaster. Working closely with your Instructor, you'll expand your dive knowledge and sharpen your skills as you become a dive professional.
Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
Adventure Divers' Scuba School - Classroom sessions and Pool sessions.
Local dive sites for Evaluation Dives
Upon completion Divermasters may:
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist Instructors with students
- Lead Certified Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and Certify Skin Divers
- Teach Snorkeling programs
Diver / Course Prerequisites:
- Minimum age 18
- Certified SDI Advanced Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
- Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider(where local law permits)*
- Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives
*Note: SDI CPROX, CPR1st or CPROX1stAED courses may be combined with the SDI Divemaster program.
- Divers must be in good physical health.
- Medical Examination is required.
- Provide a completed medical questionaire signed by your physician (Medical Form).
What to expect during your course:
- Complete Water Skills and Stamina Exercises in confined and open water
- Learn Dive Leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Training Exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship at the dive shop or a series of practical training exercises