Rescue Diver will expand your knowledge and experience beyond the purely recreational level. You will learn to look beyond yourself and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Rescue Diver training will prepare you to recognize the signs and symptoms of problems before they occur, and if necessay, manage dive emergencies.
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- In good physical and mental health
- Proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen O2 provider certification
- Proof of Advanced Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives
Note: CPROX, CPR1st or CPROX 1stAED courses may be combined with the rescue program.
At the successful completion of the course you will obtain a Rescue Diver Certification. You are now qualified to act as Safety Diver in other training courses and diver outings, under the supervision of an Instructor.
All Academic and Confined Water training are conducted at Adventure Divers. We have our own private indoor heated pool and onsite classroom. We are located in the west end of Peterborough on Hwy 7 (4 km south of Fowlers Corners between Lily Lake Road and Parkhill Road West, 9 km north of Hwy 115)
- 3 Hour Lecture
- 1 1/2 Hours Pool Skills
- Review and Final Exam
- 5 Open Water Rescue Dives
During the in-class, in-pool, and open water sessions you will cover the following:
- Self-Rescue and Diver Stress
- Dive First Aid
- Emergency Management and Equipment
- Swimming and Non-Swimming Assists
- Missing Diver Procedures
- Surfacing the Unconscious Diver
- Inwater Artificial Respiration
- Dive Accident and Panick Scenarios