Until recently, full face masks were only used by the military and professional divers, but now recreational divers are getting in on the fun! It’s easier than you think and once you try it you won’t want to go back. No more leaking / fogging mask or jaw fatigue. You can breathe naturally through your nose and experience a wider field of vision. This is the next generation of diving!
The SDI Full Face Mask (IDM) Specialty Course is intended to educate and familiarize divers with the necessary procedures, knowledge and skills on how to safely scuba dive with a full face mask.
What you can expect to learn:
- Advantages and disadvantages of diving with a full face mask
- Types of full face masks
- Diver safety
- Surface and underwater skills including donning and doffing of the mask
- Maintenance, servicing, and care for the mask
- Switching between the full face mask and alternate air source with regular dive mask
- Equalizing techniques
- Clearing the mask from full and partial floods
All training is completed in our indoor heated pool and our conference room style classroom located on site at Adventure Divers.